Friday, 22 July 2016

It's the thought that counts.......

One of my pet hates is the phrase, ‘it’s the thought that counts’.

Actually, it’s fucking NOT!

What a piss-poor, cop out, shitty thing to say! 

I was going to book a table for our anniversary dinner, but I didn’t get around to it.  Never mind, it’s the thought that counts!

I had my eye on a lovely necklace for your birthday, but left it too late and they’d sold it. Never mind, it’s the thought that counts!

I was thinking about booking a night away in a hotel to spoil you, but then I spent the money.  Never mind, it’s the thought that counts!

All of the above actually make you a thoughtless prick with a hungry, naked necked, sleeping on the streets, pissed off girlfriend.

I will get the last laugh however when I unplug your life support machine to run the hoover round – or charge my phone.  Oh!  Didn’t I plug your machine back in?? I meant to.  Never mind, it’s the thought that counts!  Have you tried turning it on and off again?


Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep