Monday, 2 May 2016

Magic Mike?

Come on, let’s keep plodding on in search of the ‘thing’ to bring fulfilment.  Let’s try watching a male strip show!

I dragged two friends to accompany me to the male ‘review’ held in a harsh-florescent lit Sports hall; not too conducive to a seductive atmosphere, but that didn’t seem to stop the group of scantily clad Mums on a rare night out from the Hubby and kids.  War paint was applied, there were spanx as far as the eye could see and trousers were the clothing of choice – on the off chance that one of the performers saw fit to swing me round his neck like a hula hoop (highly unlikely, as I didn’t see any signs of a cherry picker brought in for the sole purpose of hoisting my (not unsubstantial) buttocks six feet in the air).

The excitable women heaved into the bar, the air heavy with the scent of HRT patches, Max Factor and ‘Charlie’.  The wild look in the eyes of some of the women was enough to bring a lump to the throat of even the most hardened of performers (pardon the pun); so much so that I wondered if the guy in the Police Officer’s outfit would actually have to use his Mace on the front row.  I needn’t have worried though, as they seemed more interested in their Lambrini drinking competition and dancing to the Nolan’s as part of the warm up disco.

The male performers were toned, buff, scrubbed and hairless and I don’t think any amount of adoration from the crowd could live up to the overwhelming feeling of adoration they felt whilst looking in the mirror, however.

The first performer started energetically in his ‘officer and a gentleman’ uniform.  I recognised the Lady who works at the checkout at the local Supermarket be selected for the grand finale.  She was MAJORLY excited.  Quite frankly, I’ll never look at her in the same light again and I no longer feel comfortable with her handling my root vegetables.  I’ll take my chances with the ‘unexpected items in the bagging area’ and self-scan in future!

It was quite surreal when I looked around to room to see women of all ages, careers and social groups all gathered together in the glare of a strip light, hoping for a quick glimpse of a male member.  Even more strange when you consider that probably over 90% of the audience had actually left their husband on the sofa at home and he would only be too willing to whip out their Willy at a moment’s notice, anytime of the day or night for the titillation of their wife.  Yet the thought of a fleeting glimpse of a complete stranger’s (who probably uses more beauty products that the entire front row of the audience) and the chance of a few alcopops and the combined women of suburbia are whipped into a frenzy!

I think it was the older women that shocked me.  They seemed to be like caged tigers – leaving their inhibitions at home with their slippers and copy of Take a Break. One women was gyrating so wildly on the dance floor, I thought she was going to do major damage to a speaker with her ‘helicoptering bosoms’.  Thankfully the DJ noticed just in time and managed to avoid any disaster from her unharnessed mammaries.  There was a Lady in a wheelchair enjoying the evening’s entertainment, although her presence on the dance floor wasn’t enjoyed by many of the other women who repeatedly had their ankles skinned as she did figure eights to Culture Club.  Maybe she’d had one too many Bacardi Breezers and lost control on her on board navigation system?  Even my robotic hoover has a sensor to avoid ramming foreign objects – what can’t this be incorporated into prams, wheelchairs and shopping trolleys?  Another first for the evening – I’d never seen anyone do the hokey kokey in a wheelchair!

Highlight of the night for me was seeing the look of combined shock, excitement and titillation of my friend when I came back from the toilet to be greeted with her squealing ‘I’ve just seen a willy!’  Bless her.  It was like an epiphany; she was seeing with new eyes!  Apart from the fact that she’s been married for 25 years and has three children, so I have no idea just why she was so excitable!  A quick sit down and a Vodka Cruiser though and she was right as rain; although the picture of her little excited face will stay with me for a long time!  Almost like a child looking excitedly at a puppy in the pet shop window.  You just know if she was allowed to hold that puppy, she’d squeeze the life out of it. 

Speaking of Vodka Cruisers – what kind of fresh hell is this?  Last night, I drank 8.  Yes, 8!  I had a combination of lemon and lime, Very Berry and Guava (like a slightly ‘M’ rated Um Bongo, if I’m honest).  I waited patiently for my buzz.  I longed for the fuzzy feeling you get when the alcohol arrives and your inhibitions stand up, make their excuses and leave for the evening, to be replaced by the flirty, confident, hilarious you that resides within the usually repressed, tweed knickers.
Perhaps the Lemon and Lime was too conservative.  I upped the ante to Very Berry, throwing caution to the wind as I had absolutely no idea what kind of berry the ‘very’ even was!  Three bottles later… nothing.   Everyone was still very much in sharp focus with the unflattering neon strip lighting.  How I longed for the blurry forgiveness of drunken soft focus – why was it alluding me?   By this point in the evening, I’d ingested more E numbers than a fat kid at a lolly buffet.  There was no way I’d be sleeping any time before Wednesday and they were so sugary and fruity, I was convinced I would poop a jelly baby in the morning.  But STILL no euphoric buzz that I would normally anticipate after my third Sav Blanc on a Tuesday night whilst watching Grey’s Anatomy; total disappointment.  The only saving grace would be that I would be dusting at 2am and my breath smelt like Tixylix – actually, maybe that would have been preferable for my longed for high, or asked my OCD friend for her hand sanitiser and had a squirt of that instead.
Coincidentally, my friend’s hand sanitiser came in useful as one of my friends chose to bring along a sushi platter for her contribution towards the shared snacks.  She claims it was purchased by her husband; he’s always had delusions.  Not for him a bag of twiglets and a shop bought dip.  Plus, he’s always been a little over protective of his wife and I think there may have been a subtle ulterior motive of keeping the male entertainers at arm’s length with the feint whiff of fish permeating from his wife.  I must admit, I did keep smelling my fingers after my third serving and there’s nothing less attractive than ‘sushi teeth’ when you pose for a photo.  Is that seaweed in your teeth, or do you have a Meth habit at the weekend?
Towards the end of the night, hardly anyone batted an eyelid at the man in the S.W.A.T Team outfit, gyrating his hips to Tom Jones’ ‘Sex Bomb’.  The tables of tipsy women were more enthused by the Abba medley in between acts and the effort it took to get their collective bingo wings swinging in unison than the chance of a peak at a male todger.  Perhaps they were overcome by the fumes from the fake tan coming from their toned torsos, or maybe once you’d seen one middle aged Lady ‘hula-hooped’ round a strippers neck, you’d seen them all.  It was quite entertaining until she laughed and her dentures flew out and lodged themselves in the cork tiles by the dart board.  I hope the venue’s Public Liability insurance was up to date!

All in all, I had a good night, until my knicker elastic gave way during a vigorous ‘running man’ dance routine to a Will Smith number.  I think it was time to go home to my own male member.