Today was a pretty shitty day on the sphincter scale. I had a rental inspection (where a woman
resembling ‘The Governess’ from the TV show The Chaser comes round to inspect
your home for cleanliness levels and generally how much of a scrubber you
are).
I AM a scrubber – but not in the ‘clean freak’ way. Unfortunately, OCD evaded me and I’m basically a slob who will be found dead amongst my body weight in empty ready meal containers; I’ll probably feature on the news as my cats would have started to eat me, so that’ll be my 15 minutes of fame, thanks, Mr Warhol. As if the two days of cleaning wasn’t bad enough, I had to banish my pussies to Ralphs for an overnight stay. The logistics of transporting two feral cats meowing their hearts out along to Celine Dion with my in car stereo was no mean feat (it makes for a pretty epic Snapcat video though - see what I did there?).
I AM a scrubber – but not in the ‘clean freak’ way. Unfortunately, OCD evaded me and I’m basically a slob who will be found dead amongst my body weight in empty ready meal containers; I’ll probably feature on the news as my cats would have started to eat me, so that’ll be my 15 minutes of fame, thanks, Mr Warhol. As if the two days of cleaning wasn’t bad enough, I had to banish my pussies to Ralphs for an overnight stay. The logistics of transporting two feral cats meowing their hearts out along to Celine Dion with my in car stereo was no mean feat (it makes for a pretty epic Snapcat video though - see what I did there?).
Coupled with cat logistics and fat woman with white glove, I
also had my car booked in for a service and had to negotiate the men’s domain that
IS the mechanic’s lair. To be fair, the blokes
at the garage that I use do have a sense of humour and I don’t feel that they
are always trying to con me into having my big end regassed (or whatevs!). I managed to vacuum my kitchenette, pack up
Celine and Dion, drop DD off at school and swap my Miley Car-us for the Hyundai
Jackie Chan (diesel) all before 9am. I
HAD this shit!!
Unfortunately, it was a Tuesday, which means radio silence
with the ex is broken for 3 days of ‘open season’ via email in terms of provocation,
belittling, and condescension and downright bad manners – but hey - he knew what he was getting when he married
me – Boom tisch! It seems that as soon
as my name appears in his inbox, he’s off and running – what shit can I fling
at her today until her ears light up like a novelty night light and she can feel
her temples throbbing in time with her pulse? He
really is relentless. If he used his power
for good (instead of winding me up like a wanker), he really would be a force
to be reckoned with. But no….. instead,
he uses his time, effort and energy into goading me into a miserable fug for
three days.
I have therefore decided to award an ‘email of the day’ for
the most pathetic waste of wearing down index fingers in the plain hope to
rattle me into giving in (extra marks will be awarded for the best ‘spelling
error’ of the day and bonus points if the same spelling error is used
consistently in subsequent emails). Let’s
turn the negative into a positive.
Yes, when I initially receive the emails, they do make my blood boil, but when I read them back, later (MUCH later) on the wrong side of a glass of wine, they are actually hilarious! The sense of entitlement! The fact that he truly believes he is so much ‘better’ than me – or anyone, for that matter – is genuinely laughable.
Here’s an excerpt from today’s ***EMAIL OF THE DAY*** (I so
need a radio-style jingle for that bit! - and an oversized leather bound folder and a big winged red velvet chair like that old bloke on 'That's Life').Yes, when I initially receive the emails, they do make my blood boil, but when I read them back, later (MUCH later) on the wrong side of a glass of wine, they are actually hilarious! The sense of entitlement! The fact that he truly believes he is so much ‘better’ than me – or anyone, for that matter – is genuinely laughable.
Tuesday 18th August; pathetic level = expert:
“Until settlement has
been agreed, I would like to be able to have unrestricted access to our
boat. I think the best and fairest way
to do this is on a by-weekly basis (5
bonus points for by-weekly), and I (think
he means ‘it’) would make sense that I have access for the week that I have
'son' (and 'daughter' should she wish to come).
I will leave the boat
as I find it.
Please arrange for a
set of keys to be made available from Friday 28th August 2015.”
Now I can see why he’s pissed off. I ‘have’ possession of the boat and Ralph,
the kids and I are often out on it – chasing dolphins, looking for whales,
generally having a giggle and fishing.
HE on the other hand has possession of: the family home (including home
theatre, swimming pool, spa etc.), A 1000cc motorbike, a 250cc motorbike, full
access to the office unit and a Porsche – so I can see why he’s a little
disgruntled (NOT).
Maybe I should have replied ‘sure thing! Whilst you’re out on the boat, I’ll be at your place, watching a movie in the home theatre. Or better still, Ralph can give me lessons on your Repsol so I can get my bigger bike license (would be an AWFUL shame if I dropped it under a truck though – or revved it off a cliff!).’
Maybe I should have replied ‘sure thing! Whilst you’re out on the boat, I’ll be at your place, watching a movie in the home theatre. Or better still, Ralph can give me lessons on your Repsol so I can get my bigger bike license (would be an AWFUL shame if I dropped it under a truck though – or revved it off a cliff!).’
The thing is, I moved the boat as my rental apartment has a
mooring included with the rent, so it actually costs us nothing extra to keep
it here – and seeing as we’d been paying $240 a month for a Broker to try and
SELL it for us, it was a no brainer.
Move it and use it – boats don’t like being sat there with no action
(much like my good self). It’s Private
Property, so – sucks to be you! And there is no way on God’s Earth he would be
able to park the boat back into its mooring here – it’s the boat parking
equivalent of the Top Gear challenge when they couldn’t get the supercars out
of the garage in Paris to even start the challenge!
But – where exactly does he get off barking orders at
me? No ‘please’? No ‘thank you’? Just a complete sense of entitlement and that
I should bow down to him consistently. I
don’t want Biltong’s scrawny arse on the floating love palace!
There were other strong contenders for today’s accolade, but
I think the above is a deserved winner.
After the steam had stopped whistling out of my ears and I
had come off the boil, I loaded Barbara and Mavis back into their cat carriers
for the return journey home and replaced Celine Dion for a little Mariah – no wonder
they have hair in their ears – must be to drown out the warbling!
Dropped off the Halls Head 2 back to their incarceration and
headed for the testosterone fuelled garage workshop. Mr Mechanic took his seat in his faux racing
driver office chair (mechanic in a reasonably priced chair)…… I prepared for acceleration
from $ 0 to $ 500 in a matter of seconds.
Ahhh, your back tyres are down to the canvas. ‘Is that bad?’ Well, yes, actually – quite dangerous. ‘Oh, OK….. I’d better get 2 new ones then :/ They will be good quality ones though won’t they? I don’t want any dangerous, cheap imports’ (the irony of this statement was not lost on me, even though I was doing to automotive equivalent of driving round with my skirt tucked in my knickers – only WAY more dangerous).
Ahhh, your back tyres are down to the canvas. ‘Is that bad?’ Well, yes, actually – quite dangerous. ‘Oh, OK….. I’d better get 2 new ones then :/ They will be good quality ones though won’t they? I don’t want any dangerous, cheap imports’ (the irony of this statement was not lost on me, even though I was doing to automotive equivalent of driving round with my skirt tucked in my knickers – only WAY more dangerous).
Miley Car-us (so named as she’s a show off and takes her top
off for attention), also had more oil leaks than was healthy. I blurted out (in her defence), well, she is
getting older – it’s probably just incontinence. She hasn’t been able to do a star jump for
years and who doesn’t wee a little when they sneeze? Her front brakes are also 80% worn – ‘no
worries’ said I, ‘I’ll just use the back ones for a bit’ This is when the look of bewilderment took
over the mechanic’s face – I was used to that, half astonishment, 50% WTF?
So, Miley is going back to the workshop tomorrow for a new
pair of shoes and to have the skirt picked out of her arse crack. My radio’s
also stopped working, but I think in all honestly, the apprentice saw my One
Direction CD in the foot well and he removed the fuse on purpose! Oh, and when I got home, the Governess had left her calling card. I had a great inspection; but need to work on the following areas for next time please:
·
My washing machine needed a wipe down (no
worries – I’ll bung it in the machine next wash).
·
My door frame between the laundry and the toilet
was dusty (I don’t think I’ll ever be able to show my face in public ever
again!).
·
The racks in my oven were greasy (who knew).
·
The carpets were un-vacuumed in a teenagers
bedroom (get me to the gallows IMMEDIATELY!).
·
The carpets will also require a clean prior to
next inspection – not a ‘professional’ clean, but you can hire a carpet cleaner
from Bunnings and give them the once over (or pad round the house on my hands
and knees with a straw and suck the stains out personally).
My washing machine shame and door frame scandal. How will I live with myself?
The joke’s on her really as the Halls Head two went
undiscovered for another 3 months and they are currently crocheting the stairway
carpet with their claws.
And here endeth my Tuesday.
* like the time we were sat at the airport to wave Ralph off
to Queensland and I happened to mention that if the 7.05pm Perth to Kalgoorlie
shuttle accidentally dropped out of the sky, it wouldn't *really* be a huge loss to Humanity with the 67 overweight, ugly people that the jet contained. Harsh?
Maybe, but very accurate.